Sir Bobby’s Online Auction is receiving tremendous support from around the country, as far afield as the USA. And, within Sir Bobby’s native North East, both Newcastle United and Sunderland AFC have generously contributed special prizes.
The popular charity auction is now in its fourth year and features over 140 different sporting and lifestyle lots including personal donations from Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Wayne Rooney and Andre Villas-Boas, as well as prizes from Sir Bobby’s former clubs, Ipswich Town, PSV Eindhoven and Barcelona.
Now fans of the Magpies or Black Cats can bid on local match day and club experiences knowing the proceeds will benefit
four fantastic charities, including the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
Gina Long is the auction founder and says: “We’ve been absolutely stunned by the incredible prizes we’ve received for this year’s auction, especially from the football community.
“It says everything about how Sir Bobby is regarded within the game and we’re very proud to have the support of so many clubs and football organisations.
“It takes a lot of effort from a lot of people to ensure the auction’s success, whether that’s donating prizes or raising awareness, it’s all vital.
“Now we’re well underway, we’re just so grateful to see the bids coming in. The money raised will make a huge difference to our charities and we’re all hoping come Sunday 29th when we close, we’ll be celebrating a big total raised.”
The first four online ‘Sir Bobby Auctions,’ all organised by Gina in a voluntary capacity, raised an amazing £706,000 in total. She is hoping, with the help of her wonderful support team, to break through the £1million barrier after this year’s auction ends.
To help with that aim, Newcastle United has donated a ‘behind-the-scenes’ match day experience as the club takes on Bournemouth (currently on 5/3/16) at St James’ Park.
The prize, for four people, includes meeting the Newcastle players pre-match for photographs and autographs, enjoying the Premier League game from the club’s superbly positioned press box and then sitting in on the manager’s post-match press conference.
Sunderland has also donated a fantastic prize, an exclusive VIP Sunderland Stadium Tour for four with club legends Jimmy Montgomery and Kevin Ball, followed by lunch with the former players in the boardroom.
The lot also includes a shirt signed by Sam Allardyce and the first team squad, and a framed team photo. The prize will take place on a non match day and on a date to suit both parties.
Black Cats’ fans will also be interested in Lot 121, kindly donated by LG, which is a fantastic opportunity to attend Manchester City v Sunderland (currently on 26/12/2015) and enjoy great hospitality including all beverages, pre and post-match, and a delicious buffet, whilst experiencing the atmosphere of Christmas football.
Other footballing lots include the chance to play at St George’s Park, the home of English football, watch Tottenham train and then enjoy lunch with legendary former skipper Ledley King and two tickets for next summer’s European Championships, which includes staying overnight in Paris.
Football-based prizes have also been donated by FIFA and UEFA and a host of Premier League giants while Manchester United and England skipper Wayne Rooney has personally donated a limited edition Three Lions shirt commemorating his achievement as the country’s greatest ever goalscorer.
Other auction items include a very special Red Arrows experience, a chance to be on the sidelines during a NFL International Series game next year, a tour of Bentley Motors, enjoying the magnificent ‘Akasha’ catamaran with nine guests and a number of exclusive hotel and restaurant items.
This year’s auction ends on 29 November and supports the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, League Manager’s Association Charity, West Suffolk Hospital Charity and the GeeWizz charitable foundation, which was launched by Gina Long.
Auction prizes include…
• Play at St George’s Park as guests of The League Managers Association
• Bentley Factory VIP Tour
• Sail the British Virgin Islands in magnificent Akasha
• A VIP day with the Red Arrows
• The ‘Haka’ an Original Paining by Ben Moseley
• Go behind the scenes at Sky Soccer Saturday
• The Goring Hotel, London ‘Fit for a Queen’
• VIP NFL Game day and a sideline experience
• BT Tower, exclusive Dining Club experience
• UEFA Champions League Final tickets
• Guests of FC Barcelona, watching training and tickets to match
• Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds, a Champagne gastronomic dinner
• Ipswich Town press experience
• Business profile in the Suffolk Magazine
• The Great House, Lavenham, a wonderful overnight stay with a magnificent dinner
• Luxurious day and night experience in the Angel Hotel, courtesy of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce
• Overnight stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel, Ipswich
• Perfect retreat in utter luxury at Maison Talbooth for two days and nights
• A great day with the Suffolk police dog section
• A glorious two two-night stay at beautiful Ravenwood Hall
• Norman Foster building tour with a bespoke lunch for six
• Limited edition Beatles photos from Tom Murray
• Behind the scenes at Radio Suffolk with Etholle George, Mark Murphy and Stephen Foster
• Benson Blakes gin experience
• Double page advertising spread in the East Anglian Daily Times
• Guests of Adnams at The Brewer’s House in Southwold
WELCOME TO A NEW TRUE FAITH SPONSOR : TOON PHOTOGRAPHY Next Post:
SIR BOBBY ROBSON FOUNDATION – It’s a Christmas cracker